Owings Mills, MD (May 14, 2019) – The Preserve at Red Run is a brand-new, energy efficient, apartment community, located at 9100 Garth Road in Owings Mills, Maryland. The community is surrounded by a Forest Conservation area which provides a quiet and relaxing atmosphere to its residents. These spacious one, two- and three-bedroom apartment homes were designed for families in Northwestern Baltimore County, offering the best of location and amenities. Employment opportunities, financial institutions, schools, shopping, dining, entertainment, I-795, and so much more are just minutes from your front door.
Conifer Realty is committed to building green homes to remain energy efficient and environmentally responsible. When building The Preserve at Red Run, the Team paid close attention to many fine details regarding the resident benefits of building GREEN. In order to provide healthier living opportunities for residents and their families.
Preserve at Red Run was developed to be a good steward to the environment and to its residents. The US Green Building Council’s Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED®) Green Building Rating System is the nationally accepted benchmark for the design, construction and operation of high-performance green buildings. Preserve at Red Run has Platinum certification pending, which is the highest level of certification.
Efforts made to accomplish this include, choosing a location close to transit, businesses and services which promotes greater walking and reduced driving; Low or Zero volatile organic compounds (VOC) primers, paints and sealants to reduce harmful toxins in the air; Recycled and recyclable carpets to help reduce unhealthy off-gassing and reduce landfill use; No smoking throughout the building and the site to ensure fresh air for all. Our high-efficiency construction methods and finish selections equate to real cost savings for residents and better overall building environmental performance.
Benefits of living in a LEED®-Certified Home:
- LEED®-certified homes provide economic benefits such as lower energy bills
- LEED®-certified homes provide benefits to the environment such as reduced greenhouse gas emissions and less potable water use
- LEED®-certified homes provide health benefits such as greater fresh air circulation and reduced exposure to indoor toxins
LEED® Platinum certification anticipated for Preserve at Red Run Apartments includes:
- 25% improved energy efficiency over standard construction
- 85% of construction waste diverted from the landfill
- 46% vegetative landscaped site
- 90% drought resistant plantings
- 106 weekday rides provided via two bus stops within one quarter mile
- 14 amenities and services are within one half mile including banks, convenience stores, dry cleaners, pharmacies, restaurants, super market, neighborhood retail, etc
- Resident Orientation at Move In
The following features reduce monthly utility costs for residents:
- High performance operable windows, to permit natural ventilation and reflect summer rays, reducing the need for air conditioning
- High performance recycled and spray insulation, to keep your apartment cool in the summer and warm in the winter
- High efficiency heating and cooling units in each apartment
- ENERGY STAR® light fixtures
- ENERGY STAR® appliances
- High efficiency water heaters
- State of the art low-flow plumbing fixtures
- 100% of Apartments Energy Star Certified, Homes v3.1
Further specific energy savings features include: YES Energy Management installed water sub-metering for all units and will collect water bills on behalf of individual units to monitor water usage and ensure that excessive usage is not detected from an undesired source (leak, etc).
Each apartment at the Preserve at Red Run was also outfitted with individual dehumidifiers to ensure the humidity level is kept at appropriate levels, especially with the humid climate of Maryland summers. The units are Energy Star and have the ability adjust the fan to the ideal setting to ensure the unit works at maximum efficiency while quietly eliminate excess moisture. The units are seamlessly integrated into the unit through installation in the utility/HVAC closet with a dedicated air feed grill. The underground parking garages in each building provide covered parking protected from the weather and elements and make for easier access to loading and unloading as well as keep vehicles warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer. The large Forest Conservation area has calming views and provides an opportunity for exercise to walk the site and enjoy the green spaces that include mature trees that will help keep the air cleaner.
To learn more about LEED®-CERTIFIED HOME visit https://new.usgbc.org/leed.
Interested in becoming part of this beautiful, energy-efficient community? Visit our new community’s website, preserveatredrun.com, to complete the interest list inquiry form.